— WAY 1: SHRIMP CUCUMBER AVOCADO BITES —
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 lb Shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- Avocado sauce:
- 1 Avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheated a large skillet in medium-high heat.
- Toss the shrimp in the oil and the seasoning, cook in the skillet until slightly
blackened on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk the mashed avocado, chopped parsley and lemon
juice. Seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper. Mixture well.
- Assemble the bites with cucumber slices, topped with avocado sauce and
— WAY 2: BACON GUACAMOLE BOMBS —
- 1/2 large Avocado (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup Butter or Ghee, softened at room temperature – you can make your own
- ghee (55 g / 2 oz)
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 small Chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white Onion, diced (35 g / 1.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh Lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped Cilantro
- 5 slices Bacon (120 g / 4.2 oz)
- 1/4 tsp Salt or more to taste
- Freshly ground black or cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay
the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap.
Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices. When done, remove from
the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Halve, deseed and peel the avocado. Place the avocado, butter, chili pepper,
crushed garlic, cilantro and lime juice into a bowl and season with salt and
- Mash using a potato masher or a fork until well combined. Add the diced onion
and mix well.
- Pour in the bacon grease from the tray where you baked the bacon and mix
well. Cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the
guacamole mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls. You can use a
spoon or an ice-cream scooper. Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place
on a tray that will fit in the fridge.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.