- 250 grams of squid
- Wholemeal flour
- Hot chilli sauce
- Pour 1cm of cooking oil into a large frying pan and light on the stove. Put on a medium-high heat and leave it to get heated up.
- Slice the squid into small rings and roll all the squid in the wholemeal flour. Add a little pinch of salt and black pepper. Make sure it is well coated as the flour gives crispy and crunchy taste to the squid.
- Test the heat of the oil and drop a piece of the squad into the pan. If the piece gets turned into golden colour, then it’s all ready. Drop each piece gently into the pan and work in batches based on the quantity. It just takes two minutes to fry the whole thing and take it out on a plate.
- Use cooking paper to absorb the extra oil and add some salt. Excessive oil can spoil the taste of the calamari so make sure to remove excess oil to protect the flavor.
- Take a ripe avocado and wash it cleanly. Cut the avocado into two pieces and de-stone it. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and make it into a paste.
- Add the lime zest of one lime to the paste and squeeze the juice into it. Smash the whole paste smoothly and add some salt to it.
- Decorate a plate with the avocado paste and serve the fried squid on the paste.
- Trickle over the chili sauce and serve the yummy dish with lime wedges. Squeeze some drops of lime based on the personal taste.