Way 1: Chicken Francaise
2 Chicken breasts
1 cup plain Flour
2 ½ tbsp Fresh Parsley
50g Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup White wine
1/2 cup Chicken stock
3 cloves of Garlic
4 tbsp Butter
Half lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a large enough dish to fit chicken breast. Seasoning with salt and pepper, give them a light beat. Chop the parsley finely (keep a few sprigs for garnish) and add half to egg mixture. Grate all the Parmesan cheese finely and add to egg mixture, mix well. Set aside.
2.Butterfly cut your breasts. Hold a long sharp knife along the thicker part of the breast, place your hand on top and slice through the breast almost until the end. Cut parallel to your cutting board, and open the breast like a book. Place cling film on a board, add your breast spread open, sandwich it in cling film and flatten the thicker side using the flat side of a meat mallet or the underside of a saucepan.
- Add the plain flour to a plate, spread it out flat by shaking plate. Coat the chicken in the flour, shake off any excess flour.
Dip the chicken in the egg wash, make sure it’s totally covered and place in hot oil. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
- Heat up a frying pan on moderate heat, add the olive oil and half the butter. Add minced garlic. Cook chicken for approx. 4 minutes each side (depending on thickness). Flip over once brown and cook the other side. Transfer chicken to a hot plate and rest.
- To the same frying pan on full heat, add the white wine (alcohol can catch fire so be careful, turn off heat first if unsure). Add the chicken stock. Add the crushed garlic. Add the squeeze of half a lemon. And leave to reduce 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add the remaining half of chopped parsley. Add the remainder of butter and mix until butter is melted on very low heat.
Return the chicken to the sauce and continue heating chicken on low heat no more than 30 seconds.
- Serve the chicken on warm plates, garnished with parsley.
Way 2: Roast chicken with cauliflower and tahini
3 Chicken breast fillets
Cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 tbsp flat-leaf Parsley
1 1/2 tbsp Mint
1 tsp ground Cumin
1 tbsp Tahini
1/3 cup (95g) low-fat Greek-style Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the cauliflower with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, Salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast, turning occasionally, for 35 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix chopped herbs and cumin with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and toss with the chicken. Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Stir tahini and yoghurt with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To serve, thickly slice chicken and arrange on plates with the cauliflower. Dollop over the tahini yoghurt and dust with paprika. Serve with mint.