— Cake —
- 12 egg yolk
- 90g water
- 85 vegetable oil
- 125g cake flour
- 125g cocoa powder
- 5g baking powder
- 1.5g salt
- 12 egg white
- 145g sugar
- 4g cream of tartar
— Cream Filling —
- 940g heavy cream
- 140g powdered sugar
— Decoration —
- 100g fondant
- 150g chocolate syrup
- Macaron cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Egg white mixture: in a large bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, and tartar powder, and beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Egg yolk mixture: in another large bowl, whisk egg yolk, water, vegetable oil until evenly combined. Then add cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared large baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake 350°F(175°C) for 15 mins until light golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Make the cream filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy cream and sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Cut the cake with ring mold into 3 even round cake layers. Spread the cream filling onto the cake and cover thoroughly. Freeze 10 minutes to set.
- Pour chocolate syrup over the cake thoroughly. Decorate with macaron cookies on the sides and fondant on top.