- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
— For stuffing —
- 100g fresh garlic, peeled
- 100g onion, cut
- 100g green onion
— For wrapping —
- 1 large banana leaf for wrapping, cut into two equal pieces
- Rub the whole chicken with the following spices, one at a time in this order: red wine, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, paprika, ground cumin, Chinese five-spice powder, and garlic powder.
- Stuff inside with garlic, onion, and green onion.
- Wrap two layers with banana leave first, then one layer parchment paper, then another layer aluminum foil. Let it stands for 2 hours.
- Cover with a thick layer clay, make sure it is completely sealed.
- Grill with lid closed for 3 hours.
- Break and unwrap, and serve.