— BUTTERCREAM FROSTING —
- 250g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g egg white
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 30g syrup
- 2 tbsp coffee liquid
- In the bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add egg white, sugar, lemon juice, syrup, coffee liquid and mix until the mixture is whipped and fluffy.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg white mixture. Mix well until it’s fully incorporated.
— CAKE —
- 10 egg yolk
- 90g water
- 85 vegetable oil
- 120g cake flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 5g baking soda
- 1.5g salt
- 285g egg white
- 145g sugar
- 4g cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Egg white mixture: in a large bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, and tartar powder, and beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Egg yolk mixture: in another large bowl, whisk egg yolk, water, vegetable oil until evenly combined. Then add cake flour and baking powder, salt, and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake 350°F(175°C) for 15 mins until light golden brown. Let cool completely.
— ASSEMBLE & DECORATING —
- Cut the cake with ring mold and layered 2 piece together to form a semicircular shape.
- Spread the buttercream frosting onto the cake and cover thoroughly.