- 1 large piece pork belly
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- Place the meat skin side down, slice the meat about half an inch deep and half an inch apart from one end to the other. Then do the same cut perpendicular to the previous cuts. (these will form a small diamond pattern)
- Squeeze lemon juice on both sides and then rub soy sauce on the meat side with diamond pattern.
- In a small cup, combine Chinese five-spice powder, red chili powder, brown sugar, and black pepper and mix well.
- Rub the spice mixture on the same side as well
- Prick the pork skin evenly with a skin pricker. Then brush cooking oil on the skin.
- Add a can of beer into a baking pan, place a wire rack on top of the baking pan, put the pork skin side up on the rack.
- Bake in a grill with lid closed for 1 hour.
- Cut and serve.