— WAY 1: 30 CLOVES GARLIC CHICKEN —
- 5 Chicken drumstick
- 30 cloves of Garlic
- 50ml White wine
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 50ml of Cognac
- Creme fraiche
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season your chicken pieces with salt and pepper
- Heat a mix of butter and oil in an oven over medium heat. When the pan is
hot enough lightly brown the chicken pieces on either sides. Add the 30
cloves of garlic in the pan (in their sleeves) stir well. Leave to cook for 10 -15
- Flambé with the chicken broth and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken onto a tray, and remove the excess fat from the pan.
- When done, turn the heat on high, when the pan is hot deglaze with the
white wine making sure you detach all the caramelized meat juices from the
side of the pan. Spread the garlic evenly at the bottom of the pan and return
the pieces of chicken back on top of the garlic cloves.
Turn to low heat and leave to simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked the dish is ready to serve. To serve, place the
chicken pieces on a plate or dish, cover with the garlic cloves and sprinkle
with a bit of chopped parsley on top for decor.
— WAY 2: GARLIC SAUCE CHICKEN —
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 piece of Chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Baby potatoes
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Spinach
- 1 tsp crushed Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (300ml) Chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) Half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Season chicken thighs with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
Add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown,
about 4-5 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside in a plate.
- Add garlic, then add potatoes and stir
- Stir in chicken broth and add paprika, Italian seasoning simmer for 4 to 5
- Stir in and half-half, grated Parmesan cheese, spinach and crushed chili
pepper flakes. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return chicken thighs to the skillet, skin side up, and simmer for 10-15
minutes, until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.