- Half kg of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, separated
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese with milk, and add a quarter of the sugar.
- Add 3 egg yolks, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Beat until a smooth batter forms.
- Use another bowl to beat the egg whites until foamy. Gently add the cream of tartar and the remaining sugar to the egg whites until they form firm peaks. Fold the mixture into the cake batter, mixing well.
- Sprinkle raisins, if using, around the bottom of the pan. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth the surface
- Place the cake pan in a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with boiling water until it comes halfway up the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 or 40 minutes. Test if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake, and if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked.