— ORANGE CHICKEN —
- 220 grams worth of chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- A teaspoon of salt
- A tablespoon of baking powder
- An egg
- A whole cup of water
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, the salt, the cornstarch, the baking powder, the water and the egg. Be sure to mix them well then add the chicken into the mix. Don’t forget to coat all sides.
- You will then need to take a large and heavy skillet and cover it with oil. Heat it to around 375 F then fry the chicken pieces for a few minutes or until they turn brown on both sides..
- Take out the fried bits of chicken and clean your skillet.. When you are ready, set it back on the stove and set the burner to “high” then add the sauce that you prepared earlier. Add the cornstarch and water as well (add two parts water for every part of cornstarch) then stir the sauce until you get the right texture.
- When it’s ready add the chicken pieces, let them sit until they have absorbed the sauce. Serve the chicken inside the orange peels from earlier for some additional plating flair! Also, sprinkle them with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
— SAUCE —
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup of orange drink mix
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- A teaspoon of custard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- Sesame seeds
- Split your oranges in half then carve out their contents using the spoon. Don’t cut or dispose of the orange peels. You’ll need them intact for later.
- Once you have carved out all the oranges, put them into your mixing bowl, along with all the other ingredients for the sauce.
- Put them in the blender, and let the whole thing blend for about two minutes, then take a sieve and sift the blended liquid to remove any lumps. The final product should look like a bright orange sauce.