— BUTTERCREAM FROSTING —
- 250g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g egg white
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 30g syrup
- In the bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add egg white, sugar, lemon juice, syrup, and mix until the mixture is whipped and fluffy.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg white mixture. Mix well until it’s fully incorporated.
— CAKE —
- 9 egg yolk
- 85g milk
- 85 vegetable oil
- 145g cake flour
- 1.5g salt
- 290g egg white
- 145g sugar
- 4g cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Egg white mixture: in a large bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, and tartar powder, and beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Egg yolk mixture: in another large bowl, whisk egg yolk, milk, vegetable oil until evenly combined. Then add cake flour, salt, and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake 350°F(180°C) for 45 mins until light golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Make the cream filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy cream and sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
— FILLING —
- 940g heavy cream
- 140g powdered sugar
- Cut the cake into heart shape, and slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Spread the cream frosting onto the cake and cover thoroughly.
- Decorate with buttercream icing roses on top.