- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- I tsp Chinese five spices powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 Star anise
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 green onions
- 2 large lotus leaves for wrapping chicken
- Preheat grill.
- Rub the entire chicken with salt, chili powder, and Chinese five-spice powder inside and out evenly.
- Stuff the chicken with the potato, Bay leaves, star anise, and green onion.
- Wrap with lotus leaves one at a time. Then wrap twice with aluminum foil.
- In a large baking pan, put one layer coarse salt, about half inch thick, on the bottom, then place the chicken in the pan, cover the whole chicken with coarse salt completely.
- Place on the grill rack, bake for 2 hours
- Unwrap and serve.