- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- Black pepper，to taste
- I tsp Chinese five spices powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 10g Fresh ginger
- 3 green onion
— For smoking —
- 50g tea leave
- 100g sugar cane leaf, cut into small pieces
- 50g brown rice
- 50g brown sugar
- Rub the entire chicken with black pepper, salt, white wine, chili powder, Italian seasoning, and Chinese five-spice powder thoroughly.
- Stuff the chicken with the ginger and green onion. Let it marinate for 2 hours.
- Bake directly on the rack in a grill for 1 hour.
- Take the chicken out, drop tea leaf, sugarcane leaf, brown rice, and brown sugar on hot charcoal inside the grill. Place the chicken on the rack again. Close the lid, and let it smoke for 10 minutes.