— Swiss Roll Cake —
- Egg white mixture
- 300g egg white
- 145g sugar
- 4g tartar powder
- Egg yolk mixture
- 8 egg yolk
- 180ml water
- 165ml vegetable oil
- 145g cake flour
- 5g baking powder
- 3g salt
— Cream Filling —
- 115g unsalted butter softened
- 125g powdered sugar
- 225g cream cheese softened
— Garnish —
- 12-15 whole strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Egg white mixture: in a large bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, and tartar powder, and beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Egg yolk mixture: in another large bowl, whisk egg yolk, water, vegetable oil until evenly combined. Then add cake flour and baking powder, salt, and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake 350°F(175°C) for 15 mins until light golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Make the cream filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
Add cream cheese and mix until the mixture is whipped, white and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes until just fully incorporated.
- Spread strawberry filling evenly over the cake surface, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the outer short end. Gently roll up the cake tightly. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Garnish the cake with dollops of whipped cream and strawberries.